Frequently Asked Questions
Looking to hire an Online Business Manager? Great.
Check out our FAQs below. If you still can’t find what you’re looking for, contact us.
Prowess Project’s OBMs go through a 40+ hour training and must pass an assessment to be entered into our OBM talent pool. Entitled Prowess OBM University, the program covers business systems, latest technology, demand generation creation and strategy growth practices for online scaling businesses.
Great Question! Prowess Project matches you with your ideal OBM via our proprietary algorithm that takes into account the skills needed, work-style, Communication-style, values and more. Each candidate is presented to you with a compatibility score and you choose who to interview.
Yes. You can interview up to 3 OBM candidates presented to you each with a compatibility score based on our proprietary matching-algorithm.
Good question. Because the role of an Online Business Manager is relatively new, we’re happy to make the distinction.
Generally, your OBM will join your team to proactively take you through our business transformation phases and serve as an operations and strategic leader + executer.
Unlike many VAs, our OBMs will not need direction from you on day-to-day tasks but instead already know and complete what needs to happen in order to scale. Getting on the same page to make this possible is part of Phase 1 of our Business Transformation Process: Audit & Foundations Set-up.
Absolutely. If you need someone to handle running your business so you can focus on the work you love, an OBM is for you 🙂
- For part-time roles, employers purchase a bucket of hours to be used that month. All our contracts start with a three month minimum.
- Our full-time roles require a placement fee of 20% of Prowess talent’s first year’s salary.
- If you’d like to hire your Prowess talent directly, Prowess has a prorated placement fee depending on the size and length of the previous contract.
Prowess prides ourselves on the quality of our talent, match compatibility and speed to hire. We’ve completed the entire hiring process (outlined below) within three hours of the employer’s time.
- Set up a 30 mins free consultation with Prowess to best assess your needs.
- Prowess sends you top 3 candidates each with a data-driven compatibility score based on skills, work-style, communication needs availability.
- Select which of the candidates you’d like to interview, then debrief with the Prowess team.
Typically it takes us 72 hours to a week to deliver three interested, compatible candidates.
Prowess Project is unique in the following ways:
- A Community of professional women – The majority of the Prowess Community is made up of women pivoting in their careers or returning to the workplace. They are all educated, experienced and looking for female-friendly jobs. The key to this Community is the ability for the women to network and learn from each other which keeps them Prowess-loyal and coming back.
- Behavior-science in the matching – Prowess Project using hundreds of emotional intelligence (EQ), behavior style and value indicators to ensure a good candidate/role/team fit.
- Vetted & certified – Each of the women in our job pool have been certified and vetted by our team in OBM skills. During that process, Prowess Project is gathering 100s of indicators on them used in our proprietary matching algorithm which is proven to cut the interview and ramp-up time in half.
Currently, we are just in the U.S. however we have plans to go worldwide.
Our mission: 43% of caregivers (mostly women) leave the workforce to raise children, COVID-19 pushed out another 5.4M. With no clear path to return, thousands are turning to Prowess Project.
We help caretakers and career-pivoters upskill as OBMs, network and connect them with jobs that fit both their work and home lives.
Our GOAL is to get 5K back to work.
Are you with us?
Based on the needs and goals of the vast majority of the women coming to us looking for work and the employers who were interested in hiring them, we have decided to focus on training and placing Online Business Managers. If you are looking for a project manager or operations support, we may be able to help there as well.